mon cherie

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Laura's Pasta Salad

Another of my "inventions," this recipe is an adapted version of a pasta salad I liked as a child. A friend brought some pasta salad in her lunch once in the fifth grade, and I remember coming home and trying to explain the dish to my mom, so she could make some. This is my new and improved version.

12 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked and cooled
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
8 oz. pkg. grape tomatoes, cut in half
10 oz. pkg. broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large can olives, sliced
1 bunch fresh chives, cut small
1 bunch fresh basil, cut small
1/2 pkg. sliced pepperoni, cut pieces into quarters
1/4 c. fresh grated parmesan cheese

Mix all ingredients together, and coat with dressing made from 2 packets of italian dressing mix. (Use a dry packet mix that calls for oil and vinegar). Store in the refrigerator overnight to blend flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment