mon cherie

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Brian Burgers

These hamburger patties are named after my Dad. This is his explanation for them:

"Brian Burgers... it was my favorite recipe of how to doctor up hamburger so it tasted more like steak... lots of Worcestershireshireshire Sauce, onions, even fresh bread crumbs... salt, pepper... all mixed together and fried in a skillet...  a favorite after work/school snack if I was cooking for myself. Just concocted it one day, making modifications to what my Mom regularly cooked.  At least, that is how I remember it."

2 lbs. hamburger
oil to fry patties in
salt, to taste
1 onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
dash of barbecue spice
3 slices of bread
water

Break bread into small pieces. Soak the pieces in water, then squeeze the water out. Mix remaining ingredients (except for oil). Form the burger mixture into patties and fry them in the oil over medium heat, with a lid over them. Drain them well before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment